April was a busy month for gamers with games like Mortal Kombat, Portal 2 and SOCOM 4. The numbers are in and thanks to the NPD Group we can rest assured that game sales have gone up in both units and profit since last year. The NPD Group gathered data on “physical retail sales.” This means digital distribution of games doesn’t get counted when coming up with these stats.
Keep reading to find out which games sold the most.
- Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360)
- Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360, PS3, Wii)
- Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)
- Michael Jackson The Experience (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP)
- Pokemon White Version (NDS)
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC)
You may notice that SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs didn’t make the list. It’s not clear why the game failed to make an impact on the sales charts but it is likely that sales are being affected by the PSN outage. The NPD did add that if the SOCOM 4 Move bundle’s sales were combined with regular SOCOM 4 sales it would have ranked.