Nintendo has just released some new potential health risks for the Nintendo 3DS.
This adds to their earlier statement warning that very young children not look at 3D images. There was concern that the 3D images could cause issues with the growth of their eye muscles.
Below is the list of new potential health risks:
- Quicker eye fatigue as a result of viewing 3D
- Some 3D software can cause eyes to become tired quicker than other software
- Nintendo recommends players take a break after 30 minutes of play
- “If your physical condition worsens or you become ill, please stop playing at once”
- 3D has different effects on different people
- 3D slider allows a wider group of people to enjoy the system
- 3D not recommended for children under the age of six as the vision of young children is still in developmental stages (like 3D movies and television)
- “Since the Nintendo 3DS can be changed to 2D to avoid any effects on young children’s vision, it is possible for anyone to enjoy playing it”
- Once again, there will be parental controls for 3D