Now that the PlayStation Network is mostly restored, Sony has revealed its “make good” offer to consumers, so pull yourself out of that multiplayer game on the PSN for a minute and receive your free stuff! The offer includes games, movies, PlayStation Plus access and free stuff for PlayStation Home.
Let’s start with the games: Sony is giving PlayStation 3 users the choice of two of the following titles, available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored. They can be kept forever:
PSP owners will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
Here are the rest of the freebies you can expect for your loyalty and patience:
- A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
So, what do you guys think? Is this compensation a generous gift? Or is it too little, too late? Does the offer affect your loyalty toward Sony in a positive or negative way?